27 Mar Associates for Biblical Research Welcomes Rob Sullivan
The Board of Trustees for the Associates for Biblical Research(ABR) has elected Rob Sullivan to be its Board President. ABR was founded in 1969 with the mission of providing information to the Christian community and the general public on the subject of Biblical archaeology and the creation/evolution issues. This information is obtained from original research and fieldwork, and the research and fieldwork done by others outside the organization. ABR’s purpose is to:
- Demonstrate the historical reliability of the Bible
- Resolve apparent conflicts between the findings of archaeology and science, and the Bible
- Illuminate and enhance understanding of the Biblical text
- Edify the Christian Church by encouraging a deeper knowledge of, greater appreciation for, and stronger faith in the Bible through knowledge and correct interpretation of the findings from archaeology and science
- Make Biblical truth applicable and useful to daily Christian life and witness
- Propagate the Christian faith by encouraging faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and yielding to Him as Lord, whenever and wherever such opportunity occurs
- Exemplify the Christian faith by word and deed
The modern science of archaeology, which began in the mid-1800’s, has revolutionized our knowledge of the ancient Biblical world. Many archaeological discoveries relate directly to Scripture and confirm the historicity of the Biblical record. Other discoveries provide fascinating background material for the Biblical narratives. As people are made aware of these discoveries, the Bible suddenly comes alive and Bible study is made more interesting and meaningful.
Today’s technology has enabled archaeological research and publication to be greatly accelerated. More information is now being produced than ever before. It is even hard for professionals to keep up with the most recent developments. That’s why the ministry of the Associates for Biblical Research is so important and valuable. Our staff of professional archaeologists is actually producing some of the latest research. In addition, we stay in communication with other scholars active in the field and get the inside story on recent developments.