1. Exposure to pro-longed hurtful sarcasm, criticism and put-downs increase abnormalities in heart rate. A study reported in The New England Journal of Medicine found these aberrations are as significant and measurable as those from heavy workouts or pre-attack myocardial chest pains. 1
2. James 3:1-12 “And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity. The tongue is so set among our members that it defiles the whole body and sets on fire the course of nature…it is full of deadly poison.”
3. Proverbs 15:4 says “A wholesome tongue is a tree of life…”
4. The Bible not only speaks to our interactions with others, but is accurate in how these interactions affect our health.
- Source: Rozanski, Alan. 1998, April 21. Mental Stress and the Induction of Silent Ischmia in Patients with Coronary Artery Disease. New England Journal of Medicine Volume 318, 16. pp. 1005-12 ↩